Diatomaceous Earth - Food Grade
2.5 Pounds in 1 Gallon Jug
Perma-Guard pure food grade Diatomaceous Earth packaged in a 1 Gallon plastic jug w/screw on lid. 2.5 Pounds net Weight. ( Approx. 200 heaping Tablespoons) This jug does not have the EPA label on it---it is just pure food grade diatomaceous earth.
Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is a mainstay for organic garden pest control on farms.
DE is used heavily by organic farms partly because of its organic nature, but DE is also used
by non-organic growers for pest control because DE (Fossil Shell Flour) is so effective,
and garden insects never become immune. DE kills bugs physically, not chemically.
Food Grade DE is not only non chemical - our DE is an OMRI listed organic product.
Advantages of Diatomaceous Earth:
- No toxins- completely safe
- Controls internal and external parasites
- Mixed with feed it constantly attacks parasites
- Better feed conversion
- Odor & moisture control in the barns and pens
- Fly larva are killed by (DE) left in the manure
- Easy to feed
- Decreased mortality
- Can be used as a dust for external parasites
- In cattle- increased milk production
- In cattle- decreased mastitis
- In food animals and dairy cattle- no withdrawal prior to use of products
- Parasites and insects cannot build up resistence
- Pet Safe: Yes
Pests Controlled: Bed Bugs, nearly all crawling pests including fleas, ants, cockroaches, earwigs, mites, silverfish, spiders, and many more. It is however mainly effective on insects and other pests that have a protective outer shell, so it will not work on mammalian pests such as rodents or bats. And it cannot be used against reptiles such as snakes.
- Item #: Diatomaceous Earth - 2.5 Gallon